ADORO IL GAZPACHO!
un’amica mi ha fatto assaggiare il suo gazpacho rivisitato ed io ho creato un mix fra la mia ricetta e la sua.
Gazpacho delicato con caprino
- 6 pomodorini Piccadilly
- 1/2 peperone giallo biologico
- 1/2 peperone rosso biologico
- 1/2 cipolla di tropea
- 1 spicchio di aglio (opzionale, se non ti piace puoi ometterlo)
- 2 fette di pane carrè (io ho usato il pan bauletto al grano duro)
- 1 caprino di capra
- abbondante basilico fresco
- spezie a scelta (io ho usato cumino timo e paprica, una punta di un cucchiaino di ognuno)
- olio evo e sale q.b.
Delicate Gazpacho with goat cheese
A friend of mine made me try her revisited gazpacho and afterwards I have created this recipe which is a mix between my recipe and hers.
In my opinion gazpacho is an extraordinary dish. It is fresh, spicy and rich in flavour, however I do not normally prepare it if I have guests as not everyone likes pepper, onion and garlic.
In this version of the gazpacho there is also some goat cheese which makes it more creamy and less strong as far as the flavour is concerned.
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 6 Piccadilly tomatoes
- ½ yellow pepper
- ½ red pepper
- ½ Tropea onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 slices of bread (I have used sandwich bread)
- 1 fresh goat’s cheese
- fresh basil
- spices ( I used some cumin, thymes and paprika)
- extra-virgin olive oil and salt as required
Wash all the vegetables and the basil really well.
Blend together the tomatoes along with the spices, oil and salt. Afterwards add all the other vegetables. Finally add the bread and the basil and keep blending.
Let it rest in the fridge for at least one hour.
Serve the gazpacho in a cup with a couple of carrot or celery sticks and some basil’s leaves.
One more idea:
In place of the basil you can add 1 teaspoon of pesto, it will give a stronger flavor to your gazpacho!